Who We Are, Where We’re Going
心肥大の分野で国際的に有名な、Norman Alpert博士は、バーモント大学で生理学と生物物理学の分野で教授として働く一方、ほぼ半世紀前にBioTek社を設立しました。 会社が成長するにつれ、Alpert博士はライフサイエンスの市場におけるマイクロプレート関連のアッセイのポテンシャルに気づき、結果的に1981年に、BioTek社初のマイクロプレートリーダーを製品化しました。
The World is Our Market, But Vermont Is Our Home
BioTek culture is unique; we’re as passionate about Vermont as we are about microplate instrumentation. Our headquarters, including manufacturing, research & development, and scientific applications are located in beautiful northern Vermont, and our employees are proud BioTekkers and Vermonters! Each BioTekker is encouraged to contribute their opinions and ideas at work, and also encouraged and rewarded to participate in local community programs. It’s empowerments like these, and other mindful perks, that keep BioTek employees loyal to BioTek much longer than industry or state averages. As such, BioTek has received several community-based awards:
- 2013 Worksite Wellness Gold Award
- 2013 Governor’s Award for Outstanding Workplace Safety
- 2012 Best Places to Work
- 2012 Worksite Wellness Silver Award
- Vermont Deane C. Davis Award 2009
- 2009 Waste Reduction Award
- 2009 Best Places to Work
Thanks to our highly skilled workforce, BioTek has also received numerous awards based on their growth and contribution to Vermont’s economy:
- Vermont 5x5x5 Growth Award 2012
- Vermont 5x5x5 Growth Award 2011
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year 2009
- Vermont 5x5x5 Growth Award 2008
Investing Now And In The Future
A great advantage to being a private, family-owned company is that BioTek is not beholden to short-term, investor-driven financial goals. This means that we can take the time to listen, understand and react to our customer needs; building the right solutions for the task. It also means that we are free to invest in the long-term future of our company and our employees.
One example of our continual long-term investment is our on-site Applications Laboratory. BioTek’s seasoned scientists partner with major assay developers to provide unique scientific applications and validation data, and also work directly with end-users at their location to evaluate the best possible application-specific solution. The fully equipped lab supports biochemical and cell-based assays; serving markets like small molecule drug discovery, biologics and biosimilars, life science research, biomolecule quantification, food and beverage, biofuels, and much more.
Think Microplate Technology Solutions. Think Possible.
We are experts in today’s cogent microplate technology solutions, and we constantly look for ways to exceed tomorrow’s expectations and create new possibilities. Every specialized BioTek department works together, and also directly with customers, to streamline scientific workflow processes with a fresh and unique perspective. Our expertise extends to:
Additionally, we employ lean methodologies throughout the facility, thus streamlining our own workflows to serve our customers more efficiently.
Our expertise, quest for innovation, and efficiency all combine to provide the best possible microplate technologies for our customers. But don’t just take our word for it, read our Customer Spotlights, or check out a sampling of our technology awards below.
- SelectScience's 2013 Scientists’ Choice Award (Cytation3)
- SelectScience’s 2012 Scientists’ Choice Award (Synergy NEO)
- Frost & Sullivan 2011 North American New Product Innovation Award for Workflow Solutions in Life Sciences
- 2009 Supplier of Choice Award (ThermoFisher Scientific)
Quality is Paramount.
Our employees are committed to maintaining the high quality of our products and services. Our continual improvement process includes soliciting customer input on quality and product features, and then designing, validating, manufacturing, and testing products to ensure performance and reliability as part of our ISO 9001 Quality System registration. This program guarantees independent audits of all aspects of products and services that we offer.
Product compliance to U.S. and International requirements is necessary from the design stage to final obsolescence.
- Products are directly or indirectly measurement traceable to the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and listed with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when appropriate.
- Product designs are type tested to ensure safe operation per Underwriters Laboratory (UL), Canadian Standards Association (CSA), and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards. Most bear the TUV SUD Mark for safety based on these tests and ongoing plant surveillance.
- New and modified designs are subject to stringent Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing to ensure products will not interfere with other equipment, and can be expected to run reliably in customers' facilities. The CE Mark on products guarantees this and other testing was successfully conducted.
- Software is designed, tested, and documented in compliance with FDA and ISO guidelines.
Manufacturing uses multi-functional teams to ensure continual and adequate support for each product type at each manufacturing phase. Innovative pull system techniques and materials management systems are utilized to reduce lead times and minimize unnecessary costs.
BioTek is ISO9001/ISO13485 Certified, an FDA Registered Medical Device Manufacturer, and has appropriate products in compliance with the EU In Vitro Diagnostic Directive (IVDD). Our quality extends to your laboratory as well. BioTek offers optional validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and FDA 21CFR Part 11 tools to ensure regulatory compliance. Learn more about BioTek's Quality Commitment here.
The Personal Touch
It’s not just our high-quality, rugged products that set BioTek apart from the competition. Our personal service and support is the best in the industry. In fact, we use an independent organization to measure pre- and post-sale customer satisfaction, and aim to exceed customer expectations by more than 95% each month.
Click here to meet some BioTekkers.
In order to provide localized, expert service and support, BioTek has offices across the globe, and continues to grow in response to customer demand:
In addition to our direct offices, we retain a global network of highly-trained distributors and applications specialists in over 80 countries around the world to guide you through the decision process, help to select the proper equipment, and provide installation and trainings.